Your browser is too old
We can't provide a great video experience on old browserUpdate now
About This Program
Strength training is important at any age. It is essential that we continue to improve muscle tone to prevent age-related muscle atrophy that is otherwise unavoidable. Strength training also improves bone density which also tends to decline with age.
Strength training using resistance can not only prevent, but significantly improve muscle mass at any age and fitness level. It also increases mitochondrial density (mitochondria are the organelles that produce energy in our bodies), metabolism, and longevity as explained at length in this blog post.
This program consists of three classes:
- a 15-minute class with Weights (dumbbells) focusing on a Lower Body (legs and glutes)
- a 15-minute class with Weights focusing on an Upper Body
- a 20-minute class with Resistance Bands that is a Total Body Workout
This program is especially effective as it utilizes Eccentric and Isometric exercises, the training protocols proven to significantly increase the effectiveness of strength training. Eccentric exercise involves slowing down the lowering phase of an exercise. Isometric training is when the muscles are producing force without movement.
With This Program You Will:
- Sculpt a strong, healthy, balanced body
- Train and activate your Glutes (muscles in our butt that are often switched off" from prolonged sitting")
- Improve muscle mass, mitochondrial density, and metabolism
- Improve bone density
- Gain better balance and functional movement
- Feel better and look better
How to Approach This Program:
We recommend doing these workouts 2 - 3 times per week. Once you are using weights of 10 lbs and heavier we recommend only 2 times per week. Key points to remember:
- Listen to your Body
- Go at your own pace ( you can always pause the video)
- Remember to breathe throughout the workout
- Have water with you
- Remember that every repetition counts
- Start with light weights and add more gradually
- Always strive for good form
- Have fun!
Some Programs will include FREE Challenge Groups. Think virtual coaching designed to help you stay on track and get results: daily tips, exercises, helpful information, and more, via email and text. Plus, being part of a supportive community with folks pursuing the same goals. Sign up, and we’ll alert you when the Challenges are released. It's free!