About This Program
Equipment: A sturdy chair
Prolonged sitting and especially slouching can wreak havoc on your back and neck. This can lead to upper back pain, neck pain, and long-term spinal structural dysfunction.
Lower back issues can also be caused by weak and tight hips and hamstring muscles due to sitting. When the hips and hamstrings are weak and tight, they tend to pull on the lower back muscles, causing lower back pain. The more we strengthen and stretch our hips and hamstrings, the more likely we’ll create space and alleviate tension in the lower back.
These simple yoga moves help undo the damage that prolonged sitting and slouching inflicts on our spine, neck, and shoulders. They can counterbalance these negative effects leaving your spine in better alignment, your mood brighter and less tension in your upper and lower body.
You Should Do This Class If:
- You spend a lot of time sitting at a desk or on a couch
- You spend a lot of time driving
- You spend a lot of time looking at your mobile device
- If you have bulging disks or other problems with your neck DO NOT do Neck Release (bend your head to the side with help of a hand)
- If you have bulging disks in your lower back or other diagnosed or undiagnosed back problems, DO NOT do Spinal Twist exercise
- Consult with your doctor with starting a new form of exercise, particularly if you have spine conditions
How To Approach This Class:
You can do these simple postures anywhere, anytime — be it sitting on your couch, in a kitchen chair, at your desk, on a bus or park bench, etc. It is amazing how a little yoga can go a long way.
Some Programs will include FREE Challenge Groups. Think virtual coaching designed to help you stay on track and get results: daily tips, exercises, helpful information, and more, via email and text. Plus, being part of a supportive community with folks pursuing the same goals. Sign up, and we’ll alert you when the Challenges are released. It's free!